Xbox One Games with Gold titles disappear from library?

Hello,

I recently turned on my Xbox and discovered that several of my 360 backwards compatible games, which I got through Xbox Live Gold years ago, are now saying I don't own the licenses. I checked my Xbox 360 and it's asking me to buy them too. Is there a reason for this? Can I fix it? I looked at my order history, but it only goes back to 2018, and I got these games in 2016-17. I last played them about a month ago, so this is a recent issue. Do I no longer own these games?

P.s. I've already tried restarting the console and resetting it, but neither solution worked.

Hey there,

I’m happy to help you out with this frustrating issue. It’s not uncommon for people to experience problems with their Games with Gold titles, especially when it comes to older games and backwards compatibility.

First, let’s clarify that as long as you maintain an active Xbox Live Gold subscription, you should be able to play and access the games you downloaded through the program. The games shouldn’t just disappear from your library.

Here’s what you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check your Xbox Live Gold status: Make sure your Gold subscription is still active. If it has expired or been cancelled, you might lose access to those games.

2. Re-download the games: Try re-downloading the affected games from the Microsoft Store on your Xbox or Xbox 360. If you can’t find them in your download history, search for the games manually and see if you can re-download them.

3. Verify your Xbox account: Ensure that you’re signed in with the correct Xbox account that originally downloaded the games. If you have multiple accounts, try switching between them to see if the problem persists.

4. Clear your Xbox cache: Sometimes, clearing the cache can resolve issues like this. On your Xbox, go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console. Choose the option to “Reset and keep my games & apps.” This will clear the cache without deleting any of your games or apps.

5. Contact Xbox Support: If none of the above steps work, it’s time to reach out to Xbox Support. They should be able to investigate the issue and help you recover your Games with Gold titles. Be prepared to provide them with your Xbox account information, the names of the affected games, and any relevant details about when you last played them.

Remember, as long as you have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription, you should be able to access those games. Don’t give up hope yet Do let us know if you need any further assistance or guidance.