Xbox App Downloaded Games Cause Double Input Issue

Experiencing an issue with double input on games downloaded from the PC Xbox app. This problem causes my inputs to switch between keyboard and controller, making gameplay quite challenging. Anyone have a solution to this problem? To note, I'm using a wired controller.

Hey there

Sorry to hear you’re struggling with the double input issue on games downloaded from the PC Xbox app. I totally understand how frustrating it can be. Here are a few possible solutions that might help you resolve this problem:

1. Controller Settings:
    Ensure that your controller is properly configured in the Xbox app settings.

• Open the Xbox app, navigate to the settings (should be a gear icon).
    • Scroll down to the “Controller” section.
    • Check if the controller is correctly paired and set as the default input device.
  2. Controller Driver Update:
    Update your wired controller’s drivers to the latest version.

• Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Scroll down to find “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” and expand it.
    • Right-click on the “Xbox Peripherals” (or similarly named) device and select “Update Driver”.
    • Follow the prompts to download and install any available updates.
  3. Disable “Game Bar”:
    Sometimes, the Game Bar can interfere with controller input.

• Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Go to “Gaming” and toggle the “Game Bar” switch to the Off position.
  4. Unplug and Replug:
    Simple but worth a try - unplug your controller and replug it into a different USB port. This sometimes resets the input and resolves the issue.

5. Restart the Xbox App and Your PC:
    Sometimes, a good ol’ restart can resolve connectivity issues.

• Close the Xbox app completely.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Open the Xbox app again and check if the issue persists.

If none of these solutions work, try reinstalling the Xbox app and your controller drivers. Also, make sure your PC’s operating system and all drivers are up to date.