Xbox Account Sign-in Issue with My Sons Minor Account

A Hotmail account is blocked and can't be accessed because the password has been forgotten. There's no two-factor authentication or backup email address associated with the account. Although the account has never been used, it's needed for an Xbox. The account is linked to a parent's Microsoft account, but it's not visible when logging in.

The account recovery form has been tried, but the security questions can't be answered since the account has never been used. The recovery attempts have been rejected, and the response mailbox is a "no-reply" address.

It's frustrating that there's no one to contact for help, and surely others have faced this issue.

Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

I feel your pain I’ve dealt with similar issues in the past, and it can be super frustrating. Don’t worry, I’m here to help.

Firstly, let’s try to recover the Hotmail account. Since you’ve already tried the account recovery form and got rejected, we’ll try a different approach.

Step 1: Create a new Microsoft account for your son
Create a brand new Microsoft account for your son using a different email address (not the blocked Hotmail account). This will be a temporary workaround to get him access to Xbox.

Step 2: Link the new account to your parent account
Link the new Microsoft account to your parent account. This will allow you to manage his account and access Xbox features.

Step 3: Contact Xbox Support
Reach out to Xbox Support directly and explain the situation. They might be able to help you recover the blocked Hotmail account or transfer the Xbox profile to the new Microsoft account.

Here’s how to contact Xbox Support:

1. Go to the Xbox Support website (www.xbox.com/support).
  2. Click on “Contact Us” at the top-right corner.
  3. Choose the “Email Us” option.
  4. Fill out the form with a detailed explanation of the issue.

Make sure to provide as much information as possible, including the blocked Hotmail account and the new Microsoft account you created. This will help the support team assist you better.

Additional Tips

• If you’re unable to recover the blocked Hotmail account, you might need to create a new Xbox profile for your son using the new Microsoft account. This will erase any existing progress or purchases associated with the blocked account.
  • Consider enabling two-factor authentication and setting up a backup email address for the new Microsoft account to avoid similar issues in the future.

I hope this helps If you have any further questions or need more guidance, feel free to ask.