Xbox 360 Wont Let Me Purchase Games

I tried to purchase Minecraft digitally on my Xbox 360, but the transaction was interrupted by an error message. It said “Sorry, there’s a problem with the Xbox service. Try again later” and provided a link to www.xbox.com/errorhelp for assistance. The error code was 80167680. I restarted my console multiple times, but the issue persisted. This is my first time making a paid purchase on my Xbox 360, and I’m hoping someone can help me resolve this problem.

Hey there, sounds like you’re having some trouble making a purchase on your Xbox 360. Sorry to hear that!

The error code 80167680 usually means there’s an issue with the Xbox Live service or your account. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the problem:

Step-by-Step Instructions

1. Restart Your Xbox 360: You’ve already done this, but I’ll repeat it for anyone else who might be having this issue. Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve connectivity issues.

2. Check Your Xbox Live Service Status: Head over to the Xbox Support website (https://support.xbox.com/help/errors/error-code-search-guide) to see if there are any reported outages or issues with Xbox Live. If it’s down, just wait until it’s back up and running.

3. Clear Your Xbox 360 System Cache: This might be causing some issues. Go to System Settings > Storage > Memory Unit > Device Options > Clear System Cache. This will clear out any temporary data that could be affecting your purchases.

4. Try a Different Purchase Option: Instead of buying digitally, try purchasing Minecraft from the Xbox website. You can access your Xbox account on the site, and then download the game when you turn on your Xbox 360. This might sidestep the issue you’re experiencing.

5. Contact Xbox Support Directly: If none of the above steps help, visit the error help page you were linked to (https://www.xbox.com/errorhelp) and chat with a live support representative. They’ll be able to look into your account and help you figure out what’s going on.

I hope one of these steps resolves your issue and lets you get back to building in Minecraft