Wrongly Banned from the Forum?

I recently received a 2-day suspension and a warning for posting a “looking for group” message in Fallout 76 that said “looking to buy any legacy item”. This seems unfair since Fallout 76 is a game that encourages trading. I’ve had similar issues in State of Decay, where I’ve been suspended for simply mentioning “trading” in my posts. I’m frustrated because I don’t harass others or violate the terms of service, yet I can’t get help with these issues. I’d like this warning removed and for the suspension policy to be reviewed to ensure it’s fair.

Hey, I understand your frustration. I’ve had similar experiences in the past, and it can be really annoying. Let me walk you through what you can do to try and get the warning removed and the suspension policy reviewed.

The Issue with Fallout 76 Membership Items

The thing is that Fallout 76 has strict policies against buying and selling legacy items, and even though the game does encourage trading, there are specific rules around this. The moderators are pretty strict about it to avoid any exploitation.

What to Do Next

Here are the steps I would take:

1. Read the Official Xbox Community Guidelines and the Xbox Moderation Policies. I know it’s a lot to read, but you need to understand what exactly you did wrong and what you can do differently.
  2. File an Appeal: There’s a process for appealing suspensions and warnings. Follow this process to explain your side of the story and ask for the warning to be removed. Make sure you detail how you didn’t harass anyone or violate any terms of service.
  3. Make Adjustments to Your Post: For future LFG posts, avoid mentioning buying or selling items. Instead, word it like “looking to trade for X item” or “interested in item trades.” This should keep you from getting flagged.
  4. Contact Support Directly: If the appeal doesn’t work out, contact Xbox Support directly and explain your situation. They might be able to assist you in getting the warning removed or providing more clarity on the suspension policy.

General Tips for Avoiding Suspensions

• Keep Your Posts Game-Related: Stay on topic with your posts and avoid any off-topic discussions.
  • Be Respectful: Don’t harass or offend other players. This should go without saying, but it’s worth mentioning.
  • Keep an Eye on the Game-Specific Subreddits: Often, there are community posts and threads about specific rules or moderation policies. Keep an eye on these to stay informed.

Remember, stay calm and polite in your interactions with the moderators and support staff. Good luck, and I hope this helps