Wrong Email Address Showing in Outlook.com

I'm experiencing two unusual issues that might be related.

Firstly, when I install Outlook for iOS, my old company Microsoft account appears as the default sign-in option, even though it's not visible anywhere else on my personal Microsoft products.

Secondly, after setting up Outlook for iOS successfully, I log in to outlook.com with my personal credentials, but it doesn't sync with my iOS setup. A 3rd party email account is missing, and there's an extra account with just a number that I can't remove because it's deemed invalid.

I’ve got your back.

First up, let’s tackle the default sign-in issue. Here’s what’s likely going on: your old company Microsoft account is stuck as the default somehow. Don’t worry, you can fix this. Follow these steps:

1. Sign out of Outlook for iOS: Do this just in case.
  2. Check Your Settings: On your iOS device, go to Settings. Scroll down and select Outlook, then tap on your company account.
  3. Remove Account: Tap on the “Remove Account” button. This should get rid of the default company account.

Now, let’s move on to the sync issue. This is a bit tricky, but we’ll get there.

For the missing 3rd party email account, you might need to set it up manually. Here’s how:

1. Close Outlook. Make sure you’re not running it in the background.
  2. Manual IMAP or POP Setup: Press the Windows Key + R. Type “outlook /profiles” in the Run window and hit “OK” (not in quotes, btw).
  3. Create a New Profile:
    • In the “Choose Profile” box, select Options > New.
    • Enter a new, unique profile name and select OK.
    • Choose the “Let me set up my account manually” option.
    • Enter your account password and choose Connect.
  4. Set as Default Profile:
    • Go back to the “Choose Profile” window and select the new profile.
    • Tick the “Set as default profile” box and select OK.

If this still doesn’t work, let’s try something else:

Pause and Re-add the 3rd Party Email Account:

1. Remove the Invalid Account: if you can find it, remove that extra account with just a number.
  2. Pause your Account: Go to the Outlook.com Settings and pause the account syncing.
  3. Wait a Minute: Give Outlook a minute to catch up.
  4. Re-add the 3rd Party Email Account: Go back to Settings and re-add the account manually.

If these steps don’t work, please provide some more details like any error messages you’re seeing, and we can troubleshoot further.

Lastly, that extra account with just a number might be due to how your company email account is set up in your Microsoft account. You might want to check there too, but let’s get the sync issue sorted out first.