Winning the Imagine Cup Junior Award

Hello,

(Sorry for the possible mis-categorization of this post, as I couldn't find a relevant category in the drop-down list)

I'm reaching out because one of my teams won the Imagine Cup Junior: AI For Good competition, but we haven't received any prize-related emails. This is my first time entering teams into the competition, and my attempts to contact Microsoft through other channels have been unsuccessful (the Singapore page and contact form submission both give a 404 error, and my Twitter direct messages have gone unanswered).

Can anyone provide guidance on what to do next? Is there a specific contact form I should use? Should I wait for an email or take further action? If so, how long should I wait before getting concerned that I haven't heard back?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Hey congrats on your team winning the Imagine Cup Junior Award!

I totally understand your frustration here. It’s great that you’ve tried contacting Microsoft through different channels, but a 404 error and unanswered Twitter DMs aren’t exactly what you’d expect.

Here are my thoughts on what you can do next:

1. Give them a bit more time: It’s not uncommon for prize notifications and processing to take some time, especially if it’s your first time dealing with them. I’d recommend waiting for about 2-3 weeks more before getting really concerned. This should give them enough time to sort things out.
  2. Try contacting Microsoft Support directly: Since the Singapore page and contact form aren’t working out, you can reach out to Microsoft’s global support. You can submit a support ticket or call them directly. They should be able to guide you through this.
  3. Verify your team details: Double-check that your team’s contact details and email addresses are correct. Sometimes, a typo or outdated email can cause delays or missed notifications.
  4. Reach out to Imagine Cup Junior organizers: You can try contacting the Imagine Cup Junior organizers directly. They might be able to provide you with specific guidance or help expedite the prize process.
  5. Be persistent but patient: If you do manage to get in touch with someone, keep following up politely and professionally. It might take some persistence to get this sorted out, but eventually, you should get your prize.

Remember to keep a record of any communication you have with Microsoft, including dates, times, and any reference numbers you receive. This can help if you need to escalate the issue.

Good luck, and fingers crossed you hear back from them soon