Windows Wont Boot - Please Help!

I think I recall having a Windows update before the issues began. At first, my screen would freeze and display solid black and white screens after logging in, but eventually, it would load into the desktop and function normally. However, after a couple of days, my PC would get stuck on the HP logo screen when I started it up. I accessed the Windows utility panel and troubleshooted the problem. My PC would boot and run fine in safe mode, but not in normal mode. I ran a Windows file scan, deleted the latest quality update (but couldn't delete the latest feature update), and performed a disk check. I also tried the startup repair, which ended in an error. As a last resort, I did a factory reset, but it didn't help. After that, my PC finally booted into Windows after a lot of loading, but it was slow and eventually wouldn't boot again. Now, it boots in safe mode but not in safe mode with internet connections.

I've been really stressed about this lately, so please help!

Hey there, sorry to hear you’re going through this frustrating experience with your Windows 11 PC.

First, let’s break down what you’ve tried so far:

• You’ve experienced issues after a Windows update.
  • Your PC would freeze with black and white screens, but eventually load into the desktop.
  • It got stuck on the HP logo screen.
  • You’ve tried troubleshooting in safe mode, which works, but not in normal mode.
  • You’ve run a Windows file scan, deleted the latest quality update, and performed a disk check.
  • You’ve also tried startup repair, which ended in an error.
  • You did a factory reset, which didn’t help.
  • Now, your PC boots in safe mode but not in safe mode with internet connections.

Here’s what I think might be going on:

• The initial freezing issue could be related to a buggy update or a driver problem.
  • The fact that it boots in safe mode but not in normal mode suggests that there’s a problem with a driver or service that’s not essential for safe mode.
  • The factory reset not working implies that the issue might be more deeply rooted in the system.

Here’s what I recommend you try next:

1. Disable Fast Startup: This feature can sometimes cause issues with Windows booting. To disable it, go to Settings > Power & sleep > Choose what the power buttons do > Change settings that are currently unavailable. Uncheck the box next to “Turn on fast startup (recommended)”.
  2. Run a full System File Checker (SFC) scan: This will scan and replace any corrupted system files. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following command: sfc /scannow.
  3. Run a DISM scan: This will scan and fix any corrupted system images. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following command: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.
  4. Check for BIOS updates: An outdated BIOS can cause issues with Windows booting. Check your HP support page for any BIOS updates and follow their instructions to update.
  5. Try a clean boot: This will help you identify if a third-party service or driver is causing the issue. To do a clean boot, go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Advanced startup options. Click “Restart now” under “Advanced startup options”. When your PC restarts, go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings. Click “Restart” and then press F4 to enable safe mode. If it boots fine, then it’s likely a third-party service or driver causing the issue.

Let me know if any of these steps help resolve the issue. If not, we can further troubleshoot together