Windows Update KB5039212 Broke My WiFi and Bluetooth

Since the latest update, my Bluetooth and WiFi have stopped working. Occasionally, they briefly turn on and off for a few seconds.

When I check their properties, they either show as "not operational" or "not present", and this status keeps changing randomly.

I've tried turning them off and restarting multiple times. Once, it worked, and I was able to connect to the internet. However, after about 5 minutes, I got a blue screen, and my laptop restarted. Since then, I haven't been able to get WiFi or internet working.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Hey there, sorry to hear that the latest Windows update (KB5039212) has wreaked havoc on your WiFi and Bluetooth. I’m here to help you troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue.

First, let’s try to disable and re-enable the WiFi and Bluetooth adapters to see if that resolves the problem. Here’s how:

1. Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
  2. In the Device Manager, expand the Network Adapters section.
  3. Right-click on your WiFi adapter (it might be labeled as Wi-Fi or Wireless Network Adapter) and select Disable device.
  4. Wait for 10-15 seconds and then enable it again.
  5. Do the same for your Bluetooth adapter (if you have a separate adapter for it).

If this doesn’t work, let’s try resetting the network stack. This might help resolve any corruption or configuration issues:

1. Press the Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. Type the following commands and press Enter after each one:
    netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ip reset
    netsh advfirewall reset

Now, let’s try to uninstall the update that’s causing the issue. You can do this by:

1. Pressing the Windows key + I to open Settings.
  2. Clicking on Update & Security.
  3. Clicking on View update history.
  4. Finding the KB5039212 update and clicking Uninstall.

If none of these steps work, you might want to consider performing a System Restore to a point before the update was installed. This will revert your system to a previous state, which might resolve the issue.

Lastly, if all else fails, you can try reinstalling your WiFi and Bluetooth drivers. You can do this by:

1. Going back to the Device Manager.
  2. Expanding the Network Adapters section.
  3. Right-clicking on your WiFi adapter and selecting Uninstall device.
  4. Rebooting your laptop and letting Windows reinstall the driver automatically.

I hope one of these steps helps resolve your issue