Windows Translation System Not Working Properly

Hello Support Team,

I'm having trouble with the translation system. It's not working correctly. Can you help me fix this issue? I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

[Tech Enthusiast]

Hey Tech Enthusiast,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Microsoft Edge’s translation system. Here are some troubleshooting steps that should help you resolve the issue quickly.

1. Restart Microsoft Edge: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve any temporary issues. Shut down and reopen Edge to see if it works.

2. Check if Translation Permissions are Missing: If the translation system is still not working, it might be due to missing permissions. Here’s how to check:

• Open Settings (Gear Icon)
    • Click on Cookies and Site Permissions
    • Click on Translator
    • Ensure that the toggle switch is set to On for the specific language you’re trying to translate.
  3. Ensure Google Translate is Enabled: Microsoft Edge uses Google Translate for its translations. Make sure that Google Translate is working correctly:

• Open Edge’s URL bar and type edge://components
    • Look for Google Translate and click Check for Update next to it.
    • Ensure it’s Up to Date and not Disabled.
  4. Disable Any Ad-Blocker Extensions: Sometimes ad-blocker extensions can interfere with translation functionality. Temporarily disable any ad-blocker extensions you use and see if the translation system works:

• Click on the Extensions icon (left side of toolbar)
    • Click Manage Extensions
    • Toggle off your ad-blocker extension(s).

If none of the above steps help, try Resetting Microsoft Edge Settings:

• Open Settings (Gear Icon)
  • Click Reset and clean up Google Chrome (Yes, it’s Chrome, but it’ll work for Edge too!)
  • Click Reset settings

If all else fails, you might need to Reinstall Microsoft Edge or seek further assistance from Microsoft Support.

Hope one of these steps helps you fix the translation system in Edge. Good luck