Windows Text Suggestions Not Working

When I type on my PC, the text suggestion feature kicks in. However, choosing a suggested word causes a problem. For example, typing 'MICRO' in a text box suggests 'Microsoft', but selecting 'Microsoft' replaces 'MICRO' with 'MICROMicrosoft'. Despite spending hours troubleshooting with customer support, we couldn't fix the issue. They finally suggested resetting my PC, but I'm hesitant to do that. If anyone can help me solve this problem, I'd really appreciate it.

Brand new Windows 11 problem!

Let me help you with the weird text suggestion issue where selecting a suggested word adds it to the beginning instead of replacing the original text.

Here are the steps to tackle this:

1. Disable Text Suggestions Temporarily:

• Go to Settings (you can do this by clicking the Start menu and clicking on the gear icon).
    • Head to Devices.
    • On the left side, click Typing.
    • Toggle off Show text suggestions as I type.
    • Try typing again and see if the issue persists.
  2. Reset Settings app:
    Sometimes, a simple refresh of the Settings app resolves the problem.

• Press Win + I to open Settings.
    • Right-click the Settings icon in the taskbar and click Task Manager.
    • In the Processes tab, locate Windows Settings, right-click it, and click End task.
    • Open Settings again to restart it.
  3. SFC and DISM Commands: Run these commands to fix any corrupt system files:

• Press Win + X and select Windows Terminal (Admin).
    • Run the following commands in sequence:
      sfc /scannow

Then,
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• These commands might take a while to complete.
  4. Reset PC:
    As a last resort, you can try resetting your PC, as the customer support suggested. Before doing this, ensure you have a complete backup of all your important files and settings:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & Security.
    • In the left menu, click Recovery.
    • Click the Get started button under Reset this PC.
    • Follow the instructions to complete the process.

Give these steps a try before resorting to resetting your PC. If none of these solutions work, there might be a deeper issue. Let me know if you need further assistance