Windows Crashes with LiveKernelEvent Error Code 141

Here is the paraphrased content:

My PC suddenly crashed after waking up from sleep mode and opening some programs like Google Chrome and File Explorer. This has never happened before. The screen went black, but I could still hear a video playing and start another one. The fans were running louder, but not at 100%. After 15-30 seconds, I pressed the power button to shut it down and then booted it up again without any issues.

I checked the problem reports and found the following errors:

Desktop Window Manager
Sti for fejlbehæftet program:	C:\Windows\System32\dwm.exe

I also found another error related to a hardware problem that caused Windows to malfunction.

Windows
På grund af et problem med hardwaren fungerer Windows ikke længere korrekt.

After the crash, I ran the following commands to troubleshoot the issue:

1. sfc /scannow

2. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth"

3. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

4. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

5. CHKDSK

6. I installed the latest Nvidia Driver.

My system specs are: GPU - 4080, CPU - I7-13700f, 64-bit Windows, and 32 GB RAM. Please let me know if I'm missing anything or if there's anything else I can do to fix the issue. Thank you in advance.

Hey there, sorry to hear that your PC crashed on you. That LiveKernelEvent error code 141 can be a pain to deal with. Let’s get to the bottom of this.

First, kudos to you for running those troubleshooting commands. That’s a great start. However, I think we need to dig deeper.

From what you’ve described, it sounds like a hardware-related issue, especially since you mentioned the fans were running louder. Here’s what I’d like you to try next:

Step 1: Run a stress test on your GPU
Download a tool like FurMark or Unigine Heaven to put your GPU through a stress test. This will help us determine if the 4080 is causing the issue. Run the test for at least 30 minutes to see if your system crashes again.

Step 2: Check your system temperatures
Download HWiNFO or GPU-Z to monitor your system temperatures, especially your GPU and CPU temps. This will help us identify if there’s a thermal issue at play.

Step 3: Update your system drivers
While you’ve updated your Nvidia driver, make sure all your system drivers are up to date. You can use the built-in Device Manager or a third-party tool like Driver Talent to update your drivers.

Step 4: Run a memory test
Since you have 32 GB of RAM, let’s rule out any potential RAM issues. Download MemTest86+ and run a thorough memory test overnight.

Step 5: Check your system logs again
After running these tests, check your system logs again to see if there are any new error codes or messages that can give us a better idea of what’s going on.

Let me know the results of these tests, and we can take it from there.