Windows Activation Issue After Refresh: Serial No Longer Valid

After following a Microsoft knowledge base article's suggestion to refresh my Windows 11 installation to resolve a USB device issue, I'm now facing an activation problem. The error message states that my product key is no longer valid. Can anyone help me resolve this activation issue?

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with your Windows 11 activation after refreshing.

Here’s what you can do to resolve this issue:

1. Step 1: Check Product Key

• Ensure you have the correct product key that you used for the initial installation.
    • Verify if the key was valid and correctly linked with your Microsoft account.
  2. Step 2: Contact Support

• Reach out to Microsoft Support directly. They can assist you in activating your Windows installation and troubleshooting the issue.
    • Provide detailed information about your system specs, the refresh process, and any error messages you received.
  3. Step 3: Activation Troubleshooting

• Ensure your system is connected to the internet. This is essential for Windows activation.
    • Disable any VPN or firewall momentarily if you’re using them, as they might be interfering with the activation process.
  4. Step 4: Activation Scripts

• If you have a valid license and your system meets all the requirements, you can try running Microsoft’s Windows Activation Troubleshooter.
    • This tool checks and applies any necessary updates to fix common issues with Windows activation.
  5. Step 5: Reinstall or Get Help from a Local Retailer

• If none of the above steps work, backing up your data and reinstalling Windows 11 may be necessary. Be sure to use the correct license details during the installation.
    • Alternatively, visit a local authorized Microsoft retailer for assistance. They can provide hands-on help and ensure your system is activated properly.

These steps should help you resolve the Windows activation issue effectively. If you have any specific questions or need more information, feel free to ask.