Windows 11 Pro N Taskbar Missing After Fresh Install

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my PC and installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 Pro N, making sure it's fully updated with the latest patches, including KB30932.

But now, my taskbar is missing. I've searched online for solutions and tried a few things, such as running the sfc command in Command Prompt, performing a full Windows reset, and uninstalling some updates.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Hey there, sorry to hear that your taskbar is MIA after the fresh install of Windows 11 Pro N.

First, let’s cover some basics to ensure we’re on the same page:

1. You’ve installed Windows 11 Pro N, which is a special edition without Windows Media Player and related technologies. This might be relevant to your issue.
  2. You’ve applied the latest patches, including KB30932.

Given that you’ve already tried running the sfc command, performing a full Windows reset, and uninstalling some updates, here are some additional steps to help you troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue:

Step 1: Check for System File Corruption

Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following command:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

This command will scan and repair any corrupted system files. Wait for the process to complete, and then restart your PC.

Step 2: Enable the Taskbar

Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and press Enter to open the Registry Editor. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects3

Look for the Settings binary value and delete it. Restart your PC after making this change.

Step 3: Check for Conflicting Apps

Some apps might be interfering with the taskbar. Try booting your PC in Safe Mode and see if the taskbar appears. If it does, then an app is likely causing the issue. You can then try uninstalling recently installed apps or disable startup programs one by one to identify the culprit.

Step 4: Reset the Taskbar

Open the Windows Terminal or Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following command:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

This command will reset the taskbar and other system apps.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you might want to consider performing a clean boot or seeking further assistance from Microsoft Support or a Windows forum.

Keep me updated on your progress, and I’ll be happy to help you further if needed