Windows 11 Pro: Cursor Not Appearing, Help Needed

I was using my Windows 11 PC without any issues yesterday. After shutting it down and restarting, I logged in to find that the cursor had disappeared. I tried restarting several times, but the cursor remained invisible.

I even tried restarting this morning, but the cursor still didn't appear. To clarify, my computer is not a touchscreen device.

Hey there, sorry to hear your cursor’s gone MIA. Don’t worry, I’m here to help you track it down. Here are some steps to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue:

First, let’s cover the basics:

1. Check for a driver issue: Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager. Navigate to Mice and other pointing devices. If you see a yellow exclamation mark or a red X next to any device, it might indicate a driver problem. Right-click the device, select Update driver, and follow the prompts to see if Windows can find an update.
  2. Disable and re-enable the mouse: In the Device Manager, right-click the mouse device and select Disable device. Wait for 10 seconds and then enable it again. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues.
  3. Try a different port: If you’re using a USB mouse, try plugging it into a different USB port. If you’re using a Bluetooth mouse, make sure it’s properly paired with your computer and try moving the receiver to a different USB port.

If the above steps don’t work, let’s dive deeper:

Check for conflicts with other devices:

1. Disconnect other USB devices: Try unplugging all other USB devices except the mouse and see if the cursor appears. If it does, plug the devices back in one by one to identify the potential conflict.
  2. Disable and re-enable other pointing devices: In Device Manager, expand the Mice and other pointing devices section. If you see multiple devices listed, try disabling and re-enabling them one by one to see if it resolves the issue.

System File Checker (SFC) and DISM:

1. Open Command Prompt as admin: Press the Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. Run SFC: Type sfc /scannow and press Enter. This will scan and repair corrupted system files.
  3. Run DISM: Type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and press Enter. This will repair and restore system image health.

If none of these steps bring back your cursor, it’s possible that there’s a more serious system issue. You might want to consider seeking additional help or performing a system restore to a previous point when the cursor was working.

Hope this helps you get your cursor back on track