Windows 11 Laptop Wont Boot After Overnight Shutdown

I’ve been using my new Windows 11 laptop all week, but when I turned it on this morning after shutting it down last night, everything appears tiny. The font, taskbar, icons, and webpages are all miniature.

I’ve already reached out to the manufacturer, but they’re stumped since the laptop is brand new. Does anyone have an idea how to restore everything to its normal size?

Sounds like a weird issue

First, let’s try the simplest solution: have you tried pressing the Windows key + Plus sign (+) to zoom in? This might just be a display scaling issue. If that doesn’t work, here are some more steps to try:

1. Check your display settings: Right-click on an empty area of the desktop and select Display settings. Make sure the Scale is set to 100% (or the recommended scale for your display). You can also try adjusting the Resolution to see if that fixes the issue.

2. Disable and re-enable the display adapter: Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager. In the Device Manager, expand the Display adapters section, right-click on the adapter (it should be an Intel or NVIDIA adapter), and select Disable device. Wait for 10 seconds and then enable it again.

3. Update your graphics drivers: Outdated drivers might be causing the issue. You can use the built-in Windows Update tool to check for updates, or visit your laptop manufacturer’s website to download the latest drivers.

4. System Restore: If you’ve made any recent changes to your system, try using System Restore to revert to a previous point when everything was working normally. To do this, search for “System Restore” in the Start menu, click on it, and follow the prompts.

5. BIOS update: It’s possible that a BIOS update might fix the issue. Check your laptop manufacturer’s website for BIOS updates and follow their instructions to update.

If none of these steps work, it’s possible that there’s a hardware issue or a more complex software problem. You might want to try booting in Safe Mode to see if the issue persists. If it doesn’t, then it’s likely a software issue. If it does, then it might be a hardware problem.

Let me know if any of these steps help resolve the issue