Windows 11 Home: Cant Access Windows Store on New Laptop (Error 0xC0EA000A)

I recently bought a new Windows 11 Home PC.

The Windows Store is working fine, and I can download apps like Spotify and LinkedIn without issues.

However, when I try to download games, I get the Error 0xC0EA000A.

Additionally, I'm stuck in S Mode and can't switch out of it, despite trying multiple times.

Does anyone have a solution to these problems?

It sounds like you are facing two different issues with your new Windows 11 Home laptop. Let’s tackle each problem separately.

Error 0xC0EA000A with Game Downloads
The error 0xC0EA000A specifically relates to game downloads on the Windows Store. This error usually indicates a problem with your Windows Store cache or your Microsoft account. Here are some steps to resolve this:

1. Sign out and sign back in to your Microsoft account: This often resolves any temporary issues with your account. Make sure to sign out from the Microsoft account linked to your Windows 11 setup, then sign back in.

2. Clear the Windows Store cache: Sometimes, a cache issue can prevent successful downloads. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type wsreset, and hit Enter. This will reset the Windows Store cache.

3. Disable and re-enable the Xbox app: The Xbox app sometimes interferes with game downloads. Press the Windows + I keys to open the Settings app, navigate to Apps, find Xbox, and click the Uninstall button. After a few seconds, search for Xbox in the Microsoft Store and reinstall it.

4. Try downloading a different game: If none of the above steps work, try downloading a different game to see if the issue is specific to the game you originally tried.

Stuck in S Mode
Being stuck in S Mode prevents you from accessing certain applications, including some games. To switch out of S Mode, follow these steps:

1. Ensure you are connected to the internet: Switching out of S Mode requires an internet connection.

2. Open the Settings app: Press the Windows + I keys.

3. Navigate to Update & Security: In the left menu, click Update & Security.

4. Switch to the Activation tab: Click the Activation tab.

5. Look for the Go to the Store button: Under the Switch to Windows 11 Home section, click the Go to the Store button.

6. Get the free upgrade: In the Microsoft Store, click the Get button to initiate the upgrade process. This will switch your Windows 11 Home from S Mode to the full version.

If none of these steps resolve your issues, you might want to consider reinstalling Windows 11 or visiting the Microsoft Support website for further assistance.