Windows 11: Fixing Driver Power State Failure Issues

Experiencing "Driver Power State Failure" error on Windows 11

Frequent blue screens and restarts plague my system. Despite trying various driver uninstall and reinstall methods, the issue persists. Even restoring to factory settings hasn't solved the problem. Can anyone assist me in resolving this?

Driver Power State Failure, the classic BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) error. Don’t worry, I’m here to help you troubleshoot and fix this issue.

First, let’s get one thing straight: restoring to factory settings didn’t work, so we need to dig deeper. Since you’ve already tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, we’ll focus on other potential causes.

Step 1: Update Your Drivers (Again)
I know you’ve tried this before, but let’s do it the proper way this time. Use the built-in Device Manager to update your drivers:

1. Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
  2. Expand each category (e.g., Display Adapters, Universal Serial Bus Controllers) and look for devices with a yellow exclamation mark or a red X.
  3. Right-click each problematic device and select Update Driver.
  4. Follow the prompts to search for and install updates.

Step 2: Disable Fast Startup
Fast Startup can sometimes cause driver issues. Let’s disable it:

1. Press the Windows key + X and select Power Options.
  2. Click Choose what the power buttons do on the left side.
  3. Uncheck the box next to Turn on fast startup (recommended).
  4. Save changes.

Step 3: Run the Windows Driver Verifier
This tool helps identify problematic drivers:

1. Press the Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. Type verifier and press Enter.
  3. Follow the prompts to enable Driver Verifier.
  4. Restart your system and see if you encounter any BSODs.

Step 4: Analyze Your Crash Dumps
We need to identify the problematic driver causing the BSODs:

1. Press the Windows key + X and select Event Viewer.
  2. Navigate to Windows Logs > System.
  3. Look for errors with the source “BugCheck” and the event ID “1001”.
  4. Note down the error code (e.g., 0x0000009F) and the driver name mentioned in the error message.

Step 5: Search for Solutions
Now that we have more information, search online for solutions specific to your error code and driver name. You might find a fix or a updated driver that resolves the issue.

If none of these steps help, feel free to provide more details about your system, error codes, and driver names, and I’ll do my best to assist you further.