Windows 11 Clipboard Not Syncing Across Devices

Lately, I've been experiencing issues with my clipboard in Windows 11. Specifically, it won't work properly when trying to copy and paste between different apps, especially when pasting into Microsoft Word or Microsoft Edge.

Hey there Sorry to hear you’re having issues with the clipboard on Windows 11. I’m here to help you troubleshoot and potentially fix the problem.

First, let’s start with the basics. The clipboard syncing issue might be related to the Cloud Clipboard feature, which allows you to access your clipboard history across devices. To check if this is the culprit, try disabling Cloud Clipboard and see if the issue persists:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
  2. Click on System.
  3. Scroll down and click on Clipboard.
  4. Toggle off the switch under “Cloud Clipboard” to disable it.

If disabling Cloud Clipboard doesn’t resolve the issue, let’s try a few more things:

• Check if the apps you’re trying to paste into are allowed to access the clipboard. You can do this by:
    1. Going back to the Clipboard settings (Windows key + I > System > Clipboard).
    2. Clicking on “App permissions” under “Clipboard history”.
    3. Making sure the apps you’re having trouble with (e.g., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Edge) are allowed to access the clipboard.
  • Try resetting the clipboard history:
    1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    2. Type %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Clipboard and press Enter.
    3. Delete all the files in this folder.
  • If you’re using a third-party clipboard manager or extension, try disabling it or uninstalling it to see if it’s interfering with the Windows clipboard.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, feel free to provide more details about your setup and the exact errors you’re encountering. I’ll do my best to help you troubleshoot further