Windows 11 22H2 Update KB5039212 Fails to Install

I've attempted to resolve the issue using sfcc, dism, and the troubleshooter, but every time I try to install the update, I receive the error message "some update files are missing or have problems we'll try to download the update again later".

I've also tried manual installation, but it ultimately fails, stating that the 2024-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5039212) is not installed. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Running into installation issues with updates can be super frustrating. Let’s break down some additional steps to help you overcome this hurdle.

First, make sure your Windows Update components are functioning correctly. Here’s a checklist to get you started:

1. Stop the Windows Update service: Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog, type services.msc, and press Enter. Find the “Windows Update” service, right-click it, and select “Stop”.
  2. Rename the SoftwareDistribution folder: Open the Command Prompt as an administrator (right-click on the Start menu and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”). Run the following commands one by one:
    • net stop wuauserv
    • net stop cryptSvc
    • ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
    • ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
    • net start wuauserv
    • net start cryptSvc

This will reset the Windows Update components and clear out any possibly corrupted files.

Next, let’s try a clean boot to isolate any conflicts with third-party applications:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
  2. Type msconfig and press Enter.
  3. Go to the “Services” tab and check the box next to “Hide all Microsoft services”.
  4. Click “Disable all” to disable all third-party services.
  5. Go to the “Startup” tab and click “Open Task Manager”.
  6. Disable all startup items in the Task Manager.

Now, try installing the update again. If it still fails, you can try manually downloading the update from the Microsoft Update Catalog and installing it manually.

Make sure to restart your system after the clean boot and then try installing the update. If none of these steps resolve the issue, you might want to consider seeking assistance from Microsoft Support or a Windows forum.