Wallet Autofill Issues: Certain Websites Not Supported

I’m experiencing issues with Microsoft Edge for Business, specifically version 128.0.2633.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit). This problem doesn’t occur with version 126.0.2592.68 (Official build) (64-bit).

I have the following settings enabled:

• Offer to save passwords: ON
  • Allow Microsoft Edge to save passwords and help keep them secure: ON
  • View and autofill passwords and passkeys: ON
  • Allow Microsoft Edge to automatically fill passwords and suggest available passkeys: ON
  • Fill website password and sign in automatically, or suggest available passkeys: ON

However, I’m experiencing erratic behavior with password saving and autofill. Some old websites never offer to save or fill passwords, while others always do or only autofill partially. New websites often don’t offer to save passwords, but sometimes do. This behavior is frustrating and unpredictable.

I’d like to use the newer version of Edge, but it lacks some collection utilities I need, which are available in the older version.

I totally get your frustration with the wallet autofill issues on the new Edge version. It sounds like the old version has some features you need, but the new one is acting up with passwords. Here are some steps to help you troubleshoot this:

First, let’s make sure your settings are correct. Double-check that:

1. syncing is set up correctly for your Microsoft account. Go to edge://settings/profiles and make sure you’re signed in and syncing is on.
  2. password saving is enabled for specific websites. Sometimes, Edge might block specific sites from saving passwords. You can check this by going to edge://settings/passwords and see if there are any websites listed under “Never saved”.

Now, let’s try some specific troubleshooting steps:

1. Clear your browser data: Go to edge://settings/clearBrowserData and select all the options, especially “Cookies and other site data” and “Passwords”. Restart Edge and see if the issue persists.
  2. Disable and re-enable password autofill: Go to edge://settings/passwords and toggle the switch for “Offer to save passwords” off and then back on. This might help refresh the autofill mechanism.
  3. Try the beta/canary version: If you haven’t already, give the beta or canary version of Edge a shot. Sometimes, these versions have bug fixes that aren’t yet in the stable release. You might find that the issue is resolved there.

Lastly, if none of the above works, it might be a good idea to file a bug report with Microsoft. You can do this by going to edge://feedback and providing as much detail as you can about the issue.

Let me know if any of these steps help you out.