Updating Information on My Developer Account

Hi,

I need help with updating a website URL associated with my extensions. When I created my account, I entered a website that opens when users click on the extension author. Now, I want to update this URL.

I've tried updating my Legal Info from the partner dashboard, but it didn't work.

Hey there,

So, you’re trying to update the website URL linked to your extension author profile on the Microsoft Edge Developer portal. That’s a pretty common task.

First things first, let’s make sure we’re on the same page. You mentioned you’ve tried updating your legal info from the Partner Dashboard, but it didn’t quite work out. That’s because the legal info section isn’t directly related to the website URL associated with your extension.

Here’s what you need to do to update that URL:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft Edge Developer account. This should be the same account you used to create your extensions.

2. Head over to the Extensions Management page. You can find this by clicking on the ‘Extensions’ tab at the top of the page after you sign in.

3. Find the extension you want to update. You might have multiple extensions, so make sure you pick the right one.

4. Click on the three-dot menu next to the extension. This will open up a dropdown with a bunch of options.

5. Select ‘Edit Extension’. This will take you to a page where you can edit various details about your extension.

6. Scroll down to the ‘Author’ section. That’s where you’ll find the URL you want to update.

7. Enter the new website URL. Make sure it’s legitimate and points to a valid website.

8. Save your changes.

Give it a few minutes for the update to propagate. Once it does, the new URL should be live and clickable for anyone who checks out your extension’s author profile.

If you’re still having trouble or the update isn’t showing up, you might want to reach out to the Microsoft Edge Dev support team for further assistance. They’ll be able to help you troubleshoot the issue or point you in the right direction.