Update My Phone Number

I want to update my phone number associated with my Hotmail account from my current number to my cell phone number. The problem is that the verification code is being sent to my landline, which doesn't receive texts. Is there a way to change my phone number without going through the verification process?

Hey there!

I feel you. It’s frustrating when you’re stuck due to something like this. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to bypass the verification process entirely. However, you can update your phone number without receiving the verification code on your landline. Here’s a possible solution:

1. Access your Hotmail account on a computer: Make sure you’re logged in to your account on a computer to avoid any mobile-specific issues.

2. Update your phone number: Go to the account settings and update your phone number to your cell phone number.

3. Request a verification call: When you’re asked to verify your new phone number, click on the option to receive a verification call instead of a text message. This should allow you to receive the verification code on your landline as a voice call.

4. Answer the call and enter the code: Answer the call and you will hear an automated voice giving you the verification code. Write it down, then enter it on the website to complete the verification process.

Once you’ve completed these steps, your phone number should be updated to your cell phone number. If you still face any issues, you can try contacting Microsoft support directly for further assistance.