Unwanted PC Pass Appeared on My Account

I never purchased a PC Pass.

Hey there.

Sounds like you’re dealing with an unwanted PC Pass on your Microsoft account? That can be frustrating. Let’s sort this out together.

First things first, if you didn’t purchase a PC Pass, someone else might have accessed your account or there might be some technical glitch. Here’s what you should do:

Secure Your Account:

1. Change your password: Head to the Microsoft account login page and follow the steps to update your password. Use a strong and unique one; you can use a password manager like Keeper or LastPass if needed.
  2. Check account activity: Go to the ‘Recent activity’ section to see if there are any suspicious sign-ins. If you spot anything unusual, let’s investigate further.
  3. Enable two-factor authentication (2FA): This adds an extra layer of security. You’ll need a verification code sent to your phone or email in addition to your password.

Dispute the Unauthorized Purchase:

1. Contact Microsoft Support: Head to Microsoft Support and chat or call them. They’ll help you figure out how the PC Pass ended up on your account. Have your account details ready, including any payment methods associated.
  2. Request a refund: If you didn’t purchase the PC Pass, ask them to reverse the charge and remove it from your account.

Additional Steps:

• Check your payment methods: Review your bank and card statements to ensure there are no unauthorized transactions. Cancel and replace any affected cards.
  • Review your account settings: Ensure your account settings are up-to-date, especially the billing information.

If you have any issues or concerns while following these steps, feel free to let me know. I’m here to help.