Unable to View OneDrive Photos After Login

I'm having trouble accessing my photos in OneDrive. When I try to open Photos, it logs in multiple times and then displays an error message. It says "Something went wrong and we can't sign you in right now. Please try again later." The issue seems to be that the Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts. I'm using a 64-bit Dell XPS with Windows 11, Home version 23H2, and OS build 22631.3737.

Hey there, buddy I’m here to help you with that OneDrive photo access issue.

First things first, it sounds like your Microsoft account’s login server is blocking your authentication attempts because it thinks there’s some suspicious activity going on. Let’s try a few things to get you back up and running:

1. Clear your browser cache and cookies: Sometimes, a simple cache clear can resolve issues like this. Make sure you close and reopen your browser after clearing the cache.
  2. Check for Windows and Office updates: Ensure your Windows 11 and Microsoft Office (if you have it installed) are up to date. This might fix any known issues causing the problem.
  3. Try the OneDrive web app: Instead of using the desktop OneDrive app, try accessing your photos through the OneDrive web app (http://onedrive.com). If this works, it could be an issue specific to the desktop client.
  4. Disable and re-enable the OneDrive desktop app: Right-click the OneDrive icon in your system tray, select “Settings,” and toggle off “Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows.” Wait a few seconds and toggle it back on.
  5. Sign out and sign back in: In the OneDrive desktop app, right-click the OneDrive icon, select “Settings,” and click “Unlink this PC.” Then, sign out of your Microsoft account and sign back in to see if that resolves the issue.

If none of these steps work, you might want to try resetting your OneDrive desktop app. Here’s how:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
  2. Type %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\ and press Enter. This will open the OneDrive folder.
  3. Delete everything in that folder except for the Client folder.
  4. Restart the OneDrive desktop app.

Give these steps a try and see if you can access your photos again. If you’re still having trouble, feel free to provide more details, and I’ll do my best to help you out