Unable to Sync Shared Folders on My PC

I'm part of a team that uses a shared folder for collaboration, and I also have admin access. In the past, this folder would sync with my personal OneDrive folder on my computer through my paid membership account. However, this option is no longer available, and I can't work on files in that folder.

Two other team members and the administrator access this folder regularly. We've relied on this feature for years, but it's suddenly stopped working. How can we get the shared folder to sync again with each team member's computer whenever changes are made?

To get the shared folder syncing with each team member’s computer again, let’s go through some steps to troubleshoot and possibly enable the feature again:

1. Check for Permissions:
    Ensure that each team member has the necessary permissions to access and sync the shared folder. Make sure the permissions are not restricted. Also, check if any encryption settings are blocking the sync process.

2. MS OneDrive Settings:
    Each team member should follow these steps:

1. Open OneDrive Settings by searching for it in Windows Search or accessing it through the UI (usually in the system tray).
    2. Click Account, then select Choose folders.
    3. Ensure the shared folder is selected for syncing. If not, select it.
  3. Manual Sync:
    If the shared folder does not show up in the OneDrive settings, try to manually sync it:

1. Open OneDrive.
    2. Click Files in the navigation menu.
    3. Hover over the shared folder and click the three-vertical-dot menu.
    4. Select Add to my OneDrive from the dropdown menu.
    5. Click Make as a Copy and then Add to my OneDrive.
  4. Update OneDrive Client:
    Ensure all users are running the latest version of the OneDrive client. Sometimes, outdated versions can cause issues:

1. Open OneDrive.
    2. Click the three-vertical-dot menu.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Check if there are any updates available and install them.
  5. Check for Compatibility Issues:
    Ensure that there are no compatibility issues with other Microsoft applications or plugins:
    Verify that no plugins or software are blocking the sync. Remove any unnecessary plugins or software that might interfere with OneDrive syncing.

6. Administrator Verification:
    The administrator should verify that the original settings for syncing the shared folder are still intact:
    The administrator should review the Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Office setup to ensure that the configuration for the shared folder is correct and has not been accidentally changed.

If all these steps do not resolve the issue, consider contacting Microsoft Support directly for further assistance.