Unable to Receive External Emails

Hello everyone.

I'm having trouble receiving emails from outside my company. The last external emails I got were on Thursday, and since then, nothing.

As shown in the screenshot, I have the correct permissions, but I'm still unable to receive emails.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Hey there, let’s troubleshoot your email issue step by step.

First off, thanks for providing the screenshot showing your correct permissions. That helps elimintate one potential cause. Here are the next steps we should take to figure out what’s going on:

1. Check your junk folder: Sometimes, emails from external senders can get flagged as spam or junk. Make sure you check both your junk and spam folders to see if any emails are stuck there. If you find some, mark them as “not junk” or “not spam” to see if they land in your inbox properly.

2. Verify your account settings: Double-check your Outlook settings to ensure everything is configured correctly:

• Go to File > Account Settings > Server Settings.
    • Ensure your Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) settings are correct.
    • Check the Logon Information section for accurate username and password settings.
  3. Restart Outlook and sync: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve issues. Close Outlook, wait for a minute, and then reopen it. This will force a sync with your email servers.

4. Check firewall or antivirus interference: Firewalls and antivirus software can block emails or prevent them from being received. Temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus software and see if you start receiving emails. If you do, then you know the issue lies there.

5. Contact your IT team or email provider: If none of the steps above help, it’s time to reach out to your IT department (if you’re on a company network) or your email provider’s support team. They’ll be able to check server-side issues or any potential blockages in place.

Let me know if any of these steps help resolve the issue, or if you need further assistance.