Unable to Edit Text in Microsoft Edge PDF Editor

Hello!

I'm having trouble editing a PDF file on my Windows 11 laptop. The file was exported from Excel and contains a lot of data. I need to correct a single mistake, but I can't find the text editing function in Microsoft Edge. I've used Edge to markup PDFs before without issues. Is this feature no longer available or am I missing something? I have an Office 365 subscription, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hey there, having trouble with editing a PDF in Microsoft Edge?

It’s likely that you’re just missing a step or two. Let me walk you through it.

First, make sure you’re using the latest version of Microsoft Edge. Sometimes, updates can affect features, so this is worth checking. Press the three dots in the top-right corner of your browser and select Help and Feedback. If you see an update, install it and try again.

Now, to edit text in your PDF, follow these steps:

1. Open your PDF in Microsoft Edge: Just drag and drop the PDF file into the browser window or use the Open with… option from your File Explorer.
  2. Switch to the PDF editor: In the top-left corner of the browser window, you should see a “Draw” button with a small pencil icon. Click that button to enter the PDF editor mode.
  3. Select the Text tool: You’ll see a toolbar at the top of the browser window. Click on the Text tool, which looks like a small “A” icon. This will allow you to type directly onto the PDF.
  4. Click where you want to edit: Place the cursor exactly where you want to make the correction and start typing.

If you still can’t see the Text tool, there might be an issue with the PDF itself. Try converting the PDF file to a different format or using a different PDF editor.

Regarding your Office 365 subscription, that should not affect the PDF editor in Microsoft Edge. The PDF editor is a built-in feature, so it’s not directly related to your subscription.

Let me know if you’re still stuck or if there’s anything else I can help with.