Unable to Create Connector for Self-Created Group

I followed Microsoft’s documentation to create a connector, but I didn’t have any groups set up. So, I created a new group and tried to create a connector, but I got an error message saying “Something went wrong. The user account which was used to create configuration is not part of the group or organization.:Access is denied. Check credentials and try again.”

Hey there,

The issue you’re running into is due to the permissions needed to create a connector. Here are the steps to fix it:

1. Make sure you’re signed in with the correct Microsoft account that has the necessary permissions.
  2. Go to your Microsoft Azure portal.
  3. Navigate to Azure Active Directory > Groups and ensure you’re the owner of the group you created.

Now, here are the key points to check:

• The account you’re using to create the connector needs to have Azure AD permissions.
  • Ensure the group is a Microsoft 365 group, not a local AD group.
  • Verify that the group is not hidden.

Once you’ve confirmed these points, try creating the connector again. If the issue persists, double-check your permissions and Azure AD setup.

If you’re still having trouble, feel free to provide more details on your setup, and I’ll be happy to help you troubleshoot further.