Unable to Access OneDrive on My Windows PC

I used to be able to open my OneDrive folder directly from my computer, but lately, it's been redirecting me to a website where I have to log in with my username and password. How can I prevent this from happening?

I want to access my OneDrive files from my PC again without being redirected online.

Sounds like a frustrating issue. Here’s what you can do to resolve it:

First off, the redirection to the website is likely due to your OneDrive app not being signed in properly or not being set up correctly on your Windows PC. Let’s try a few steps to get it working again.

1. Check if OneDrive is running: Ensure that the OneDrive app is running on your PC. You can do this by checking the Notification Area (usually the bottom right corner of your screen). Look for the OneDrive icon. If it’s not there, click the “Show hidden icons” button (usually an upward-facing arrow icon) and see if it’s hiding in there.

2. Sign out and sign back in: Right-click the OneDrive icon in the Notification Area and select “Settings.” Then, click the “Account” tab and select “Unlink this PC.” Wait a minute, then sign back into your OneDrive account using your username and password.

3. Check your OneDrive settings: In the OneDrive Settings window (accessible by right-clicking the OneDrive icon in the Notification Area), go to the “Account” tab. Make sure you’re signed in and that the “Show Microsoft OneDrive in the File Explorer” option is checked (if you don’t see this option, try updating your OneDrive app). Also, ensure that the “Files On-Demand” option is set correctly according to your preference.

4. Verify your OneDrive installation: You can try reinstalling OneDrive if the above steps don’t work. Go to the Microsoft Download Center and download the latest version of OneDrive. Run the installer and follow the prompts. After reinstalling, sign in to your OneDrive account and you should be able to access your files from your PC again.

If none of these steps work, there could be other issues at play, such as problems with your Windows Explorer, permissions, or system settings. Let me know if you’ve tried these and still have issues, and we can dig deeper.