Troubleshooting Issues with Display Settings in Windows

I'm having trouble uploading a file to Amazon KDP for printing using MSW 2016. The file's formatting gets lost during upload. I've tried re-creating the file by dictating the entire manuscript, but the issue persists. Interestingly, another file uploaded without any issues, so I'm clearly doing something wrong with this specific file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s a simple step-by-step to help you resolve your issues with display settings in Windows which might affect your formatting when uploading to Amazon KDP.

1. Adjust Display Settings:

• Go to your Windows settings by clicking on the Start button.
    • Search for and select “Display settings” or navigate to System→Display.
    • Ensure all your monitors use the same display setting. You might need to experiment with different settings (e.g., 125%) until it looks good on all screens.
  2. Switch to Compatibility Mode:

• Open MS Word.
    • Go to File > Options.
    • Click General.
    • In User Interface Options, toggle the compatibility mode.
  3. Repair Office:

• Search for Microsoft Office in your Start menu.
    • Right-click on it.
    • Select “Application Settings” and then “Repair” to troubleshoot and fix potential issues.
  4. Use ClearType settings:

• Search for ClearType in your start menu.
    • Select “Adjust ClearType Text”.
    • Enable the Turn on ClearType option.
    • Follow the steps within the ClearType Text Tuner to adjust the text settings for your monitor.
  5. Update Windows:

• Ensure you are running the latest version of Windows.
  6. Check Active Monitor Resolution:

• Confirm the resolution of the monitor you’re using matches the requirements for MS Word.
  7. Save the File Differently:

• Try saving the file in a different format, such as .doc instead of .docx, as you mentioned that another file uploaded correctly.
  8. Other Startup Troubleshooting Steps:

• Try starting Windows in safe mode to check if there are any software conflicts that might affect formatting.

These steps should help resolve your issues.