Troubleshooting in Safe Mode: Need Help

If I exit Safe Mode to add desktop items not allowed in Safe Mode, can I then follow the steps to restart in Safe Mode if my computer freezes? This way, I can run diagnostics and hopefully get an automatic fix.

Safe Mode, the ultimate troubleshooting tool. Yes, you can definitely exit Safe Mode to add desktop items required for your troubleshooting process. Here’s how you can do it:

1. Exit Safe Mode: Go ahead and exit Safe Mode by simply restarting your computer normally. You’ll be able to access all the features and items you need.

2. Gather your stuff: Add all the desktop items you need for your troubleshooting process. Download any necessary tools, drivers, or software that might be required for diagnostics.

3. Restart in Safe Mode: Once you have everything you need, restart your computer in Safe Mode again. To do this:

a. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.

b. Click on “System” and then select “Recovery” from the left menu.

c. Click on “Restart now” under “Advanced startup.”

d. When your computer restarts, you’ll see the “Choose an option” window. Select “Troubleshoot” and then “Advanced options.”

e. Click on “Startup Settings” and then “Restart.”

f. Your computer will restart again, and you’ll see a list of startup settings. Press the number corresponding to the Safe Mode option you prefer (e.g., 4 for Safe Mode).

4. Run your diagnostics: Now that you’re back in Safe Mode, you can run your diagnostics and troubleshoot any issues. If your computer freezes during this process, you might need to manually restart it.

Remember, Safe Mode can help isolate issues by disabling non-essential services and drivers. If your computer continues to freeze in Safe Mode, it might indicate a deeper hardware or software problem that needs more extensive troubleshooting.

If you need further assistance with specific diagnostics or troubleshooting steps, feel free to provide more details, and I’ll do my best to help you out.