Troubleshooting Bing Search and Copilot Issues on Windows PC

I'm reposting this issue as I think I initially posted it in the wrong category. After clearing my Edge browser's history, cache, and cookies due to frequent "Hmmm" messages and slow performance, I was prompted to sign out of Bing to prevent the same actions on connected devices. However, since signing out, Bing search no longer works, only displaying "Hmmm" results. The top Edge search bar only works when I enter a website address, while search terms result in "Hmmm." The lower search bar always shows "Hmmm" and "It looks like www.bing.com closed the connection." When I try to sign in again, Copilot tells me something went wrong, and the same issue persists. Even when I access www.bing.com directly in both Edge and Chrome, I get the same "connection closed" message. My Edge browser is up to date, and I'm running Windows 10. I've also installed the Copilot app, which experiences the same issues. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to restore functional Bing search and Copilot, as well as how to sign back into Bing. Additionally, I'm concerned that these issues might persist when I eventually upgrade to a Windows 11 laptop, carrying over from my current settings.