Switching the Default Windows Login Account

I'm having trouble switching the default user account that Windows logs in with. I have two accounts set up, an admin account and another one. I want to delete the second account, but I'm being told to log out of it first. Even after I log out, Windows still defaults to the second account when I restart. I don't get the option to choose which account to use.

I feel you Windows can be a bit finicky when it comes to switching default login accounts. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.

First, let’s tackle the issue of Windows still defaulting to the second account even after you log out. This is likely because the second account is set as the default sign-in account. To change this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
  2. Click on Accounts.
  3. Click on Your Info from the left menu.
  4. Look for the “Choose an account to sign in automatically” section.
  5. Click on the dropdown menu and select the admin account as the default sign-in account.

Now, to delete the second account, you’ll need to make sure you’re not logged in to it. Since you’ve already logged out, you should be good to go. However, just to be sure:

1. Press the Windows key + L to lock your computer.
  2. Sign in to the admin account.
  3. Go back to Settings > Accounts > Your Info.
  4. Click on the “Manage accounts” button.
  5. Find the second account and click on it.
  6. Click the “Remove” button to delete the account.

If you’re still having trouble, you can try restarting your computer and then signing in to the admin account. This should ensure that the default sign-in account is set to the admin account.

Remember to be careful when deleting accounts, as this will remove all associated files, settings, and data. If you’re unsure about deleting the second account, you might want to consider disabling it instead. Just let me know if you need help with that