Stuck on BitLocker Recovery ID, No Further Steps Available

Here is the paraphrased content:

Hello!

Problem Summary:

After a hardware replacement, the system is prompting for a BitLocker recovery ID. The technician couldn't find the ID and submitted a request. I received the key ID and entered the BitLocker serial number, but it displays a QR code and an error message saying it will automatically restart.

Error Message: QR code and automatic restart error

What I've Tried: I've tried entering the 48-digit BitLocker recovery serial number multiple times, but it still shows the same error.

Screenshot: Unfortunately, I'm unable to upload a screenshot as the upload is failing.

Hey there I’m here to help you out with that BitLocker recovery issue.

First, let’s break down what’s happening. You’ve got a BitLocker recovery ID, but when you enter it, you’re getting a QR code and an error message saying the system will auto-restart. You’ve tried entering the 48-digit recovery serial number multiple times, but no luck.

Here’s what I think might be going on: the recovery ID you received might not be the correct one or might be formatted incorrectly. Let’s try a few things to get you unstuck:

1. Double-check the recovery ID: Make sure you’re entering the correct 48-digit recovery ID. It’s easy to mistype a digit or two, so triple-check that you’re entering it correctly.
  2. Check the formatting: Ensure you’re entering the recovery ID in the correct format. It should be 48 digits, divided into 8 groups of 6 digits each, separated by hyphens (-). For example: XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX.
  3. Try entering the ID without hyphens: Sometimes, the system might not like the hyphens. Try entering the 48-digit recovery ID without any hyphens or spaces. Just a straight sequence of 48 digits.
  4. Disable Secure Boot: This might be a long shot, but try disabling Secure Boot in your UEFI settings. Sometimes, Secure Boot can interfere with BitLocker recovery. To do this:
    1. Restart your system and press the key to enter UEFI settings (usually F2, F12, or Del).
    2. Navigate to the Boot or Security tab.
    3. Look for Secure Boot and disable it.
    4. Save your changes and exit the UEFI settings.
    5. Try entering the recovery ID again.
  5. Contact the technician or Microsoft support: If none of the above steps work, it’s possible that the recovery ID is incorrect or there’s an issue with the BitLocker configuration. Reach out to the technician who submitted the request or contact Microsoft support for further assistance. They might be able to provide more guidance or help you resolve the issue.

Give these steps a try and see if you can get past the BitLocker recovery screen. Good luck