Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop, Cant Log In with Correct Password

I installed a game called World Racing 2 from a CD, and it required a restart. After restarting, my PC got stuck in an automatic repair loop. The problem is, I can't log in to my account to reset my PC because my password isn't working. I've tried entering the password I set, but it's not accepting it. I'm unable to do anything, so I need help!

Sorry to hear that you’re stuck in an automatic repair loop. I’m here to help you troubleshoot the issue.

First, let’s tackle the password issue. It’s possible that the game installation or the restart messed up your Windows 10 login credentials. Try the following:

1. Restart your PC and immediately start tapping the F8 key repeatedly. This should bring up the Advanced Boot Options menu.
  2. Select the “Safe Mode” option and boot into Safe Mode.
  3. Try logging in to your account using your password. If it still doesn’t work, proceed to the next step.
  4. In Safe Mode, go to the Start menu, type “netplwiz,” and press Enter. This will open the User Accounts window.
  5. Uncheck the box that says “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.” Click Apply, then OK.
  6. Restart your PC and try logging in again. If you’re still having issues, move on to the next step.

Now, let’s address the automatic repair loop. Since you can’t log in, we’ll need to try some troubleshooting methods from outside Windows:

1. Restart your PC and tap the F11 key repeatedly. This should bring up the Windows 10 Recovery Environment.
  2. Click on “Troubleshoot,” then “Advanced options,” and finally “Command Prompt.”
  3. In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter: sfc /scannow
  4. This command will scan your system files for corruption and attempt to repair them.
  5. If the command completes successfully, restart your PC and see if you can boot into Windows normally.
  6. If you’re still stuck in the repair loop, try running the chkdsk C: command (replace C: with your system drive letter) to check for disk errors.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to perform a System Restore or even a full Windows 10 reinstall. But let’s hope it doesn’t come to that!

Keep me updated on your progress, and I’ll be happy to provide further assistance if needed.