Stuck in a Loop with Microsoft Authenticator App?

I'm stuck in a loop when trying to log in to my Microsoft account on my phone. The system keeps asking me to verify my identity through the Authenticator app, but when I open the app, it asks me to verify myself again. This cycle continues indefinitely. I don't have the option to receive a verification code via text message.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and I've also contacted technical support, but so far, no solution has been found.

I need assistance to resolve this issue.

Hey there, sorry to hear you’re stuck in this frustrating loop. I’m here to help you break the cycle.

First, let’s try a few troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:

Clearing App Data and Cache

1. Android Users: Go to Settings > Apps > Microsoft Authenticator > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache.
  2. iOS Users: Go to Settings > [Your Name] > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage > Show All Files > Microsoft Authenticator. Then, delete the app’s data files.

Removing and Re-Adding Your Account

1. Open the Microsoft Authenticator app.
  2. Tap the + icon to add a new account.
  3. Select Other Account.
  4. Enter your Microsoft account credentials.
  5. After signing in, you might be prompted to configure the Authenticator app again.

Disabling and Enabling Two-Factor Authentication

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account on a web browser.
  2. Go to the Security settings.
  3. Disable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for a short period (a few hours should be enough).
  4. Wait for the specified time to pass.
  5. Re-enable 2FA for your Microsoft account.

Additional Steps

• Ensure your Microsoft account is up-to-date and your password is correct.
  • Check if your phone’s date and time are accurate, as this can affect the Authenticator app’s functionality.
  • If you’re using a VPN or any security software, try temporarily disabling them to see if they’re interfering with the app.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, let me know, and we can explore further troubleshooting options or look into creating a new Authenticator app setup. Good luck