Stopped Receiving Forwarded Emails from Old Account

Hi,

I had set up an old email account to automatically forward all emails to my new email address a few months back. However, this auto-forwarding feature has suddenly stopped working. When I tried to access the old email account, I discovered that it had been deleted. This has caused an issue as I can no longer update my email address on various third-party accounts, which require access to the old email account that no longer exists.

Is it possible to temporarily regain access to the old account or redirect emails sent to it to my current email address? Both email addresses are linked to my Google account, but I'm not receiving any emails from the old address anymore.

Hey there, sorry to hear that your email auto-forwarding setup has broken down. Losing access to an old email account can be a real headache, especially when it’s linked to other accounts.

First, it’s good that both email addresses are linked to your Google account. That might give you some leverage in resolving this issue. Here’s what you can try:

Step 1: Check your Google Account Settings
Log in to your Google account and head to the ‘Account Permissions’ section. Look for the old email address under ‘Connected accounts.’ If you find it, you might be able to remove or update the connection. This could potentially help Google re-establish the link or give you more control over the old account.

Step 2: Contact the Old Email Provider
Reach out to the customer support of the old email provider and explain your situation. Since the account was deleted, they might be able to provide some assistance or offer a temporary solution. They might have a process for reactivating deleted accounts or giving you access to retrieve important emails.

Step 3: Contact the Third-Party Services
Get in touch with the third-party services where you need to update your email address. Explain the situation to them, and they might be willing to help or provide an alternative solution. Some services might allow you to verify your new email address through other means, like phone or text verification.

Step 4: Consider Email Forwarding Services
If you’re unable to regain access to the old email account, look into third-party email forwarding services like ForwardEmail or Sanebox. These services can help you forward emails from the old account to your new one, but you might need to verify domain ownership or set up custom DNS records.

Keep in mind that these steps might not guarantee a solution, but they’re worth trying. Good luck, and I hope you manage to resolve this email fiasco