Stop UK-based search results from dominating my search engine results

I frequently use the internet to research various topics. Lately, when searching for products to buy, I've noticed that the top results often come from UK-based websites. This has been happening for about a month now. What's behind this surge in British online presence?

To address the issue of UK-based search results dominating your search engine results, here are a few possible explanations and solutions:

Reasons for the Surge in USB-based Results:

1. Google’s Dominant Market Position: Google holds a significant market share in the UK, with over 93% of the desktop search engine market and 83% of the mobile search engine market. This can contribute to a bias towards UK-based results in certain searches.
  2. Regional Preferences: Google’s algorithm might be prioritizing UK-based results based on your geolocation. If you’re accessing the internet from the UK or have set your location to the UK, you might be seeing more results from UK sites.

Solutions:

1. Use Country-Specific Google Sites: If you want to explicitly search for results in another country, use the relevant Google country-specific site, such as www.google.com for the US or www.google.de for Germany.

2. Customize Your Search Engine: If you use Programmable Search, you can set preferences for country-specific results or regions.

3. Use Alternative Search Engines: Experiment with other search engines like Bing, DuckDuckGo, or YANDEX, which might provide different results to Google.

4. Clear Your Search History and Cookies: If you feel that your search history is influencing results, clear your history and cookies. This will make your searches more neutral.

5. Check Your Browser Settings: Ensure that your browser’s geolocation and language settings are set to match your preferences.

By applying these strategies, you can reduce the dominance of UK-based search results and explore more diverse information from across the web.