Slow Launch Times for Windows 10 Built-in Apps Only

When I start my laptop, I'm getting a black screen with a cursor and a loading taskbar.

Default Windows 10 apps like Notepad, Disk Management, and Control Panel are slow to respond and often freeze.

Similarly, when I try to open dialog boxes like "Save image as" in Chrome or Edge, or upload files via WhatsApp for Desktop, the application freezes.

However, heavy applications like Chrome, Visual Studio Code, and Adobe open quickly, taking less than 5 seconds.

My laptop specs are:

• Intel i3 5005U

• 8gb RAM

• 512gb SSD

• Windows 10 22H2

I've tried the following solutions:

1. Resetting Graphics by Win+ctrl+shift+B

2. sfc /scannow

3. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

4. Disabling unnecessary services

5. Disabling Startup Programs

6. Clean Boot

7. Settings > System > About > Advanced system settings > Performance settings, and selecting "Adjust for best performance of programs"

8. Updating Windows 10 to the latest version

9. Updating BIOS, Drivers, and other hardware

Despite trying these solutions, default Windows apps remain slow, while others are not.

Please help me, as this issue is frustrating, even if it's not a major problem.

Hey, I’m here to help. It seems like you’re experiencing some pretty frustrating issues with Windows 10 built-in apps taking forever to open, while heavier applications run smoothly.

First off, let’s look at what you’ve already tried. You’ve reset the graphics, used the System File Checker, cleaned up the image, disabled unnecessary services, cleaned up startup programs, and even did a clean boot. You’ve also made some serious performance adjustments and updated your Windows 10 to the latest version. That’s impressive However, those default Windows apps are still giving you trouble.

Here are a few potential solutions to help you out:

1. Viruses and Malware: It’s possible there’s a hidden virus or malware causing issues. Make sure Windows Defender is up to date and run a full system scan. If you don’t trust Defender, you can even consider using an external anti-virus tool like Malwarebytes.

2. System Disk Cleanup: Your 512GB SSD might be running low on space. Clean up unnecessary files and leftovers by right-clicking the C drive in File Explorer, clicking “Properties,” and then the “Disk Cleanup” button.

3. Repairing System Files: We can use PowerShell to find and replace any corrupted files. Open PowerShell as Administrator and type these commands:

1. dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
    2. dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

Let me know if any of these help or if you need more assistance.