Slide numbers reappear when sharing PowerPoint file as link despite being removed

I’ve saved my PowerPoint presentation as a ppsx file, which hides slide numbers due to the kiosk mode setting - exactly what I need. However, when I share the file via a link, the slide numbers unexpectedly reappear. Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

This is a weird one So your slideshow is conditioned to hide slide numbers when opened locally in kiosk mode, which is awesome. But, when you share the link to the PowerPoint file, the slide numbers magically reappear? That can be frustrating.

Let’s troubleshoot this issue. There are a couple of things you can try to resolve this problem:

1. Check online settings: Ensure that the online settings are also set to hide slide numbers. When you open your presentation in the PowerPoint web app, go to the “Slide Show” tab and confirm that the “Show slide numbers” option is unchecked.

2. Save and re-save: Try saving your presentation as a new PowerPoint file (dotx). This might fix any internal settings that are causing the conflict.

3. Using a different format: Save your presentation as a PDF instead of ppsx. This format should preserve your settings and ensure the slide numbers remain hidden.

4. Check permissions: Double-check the permissions of the file you are sharing. If the shared link is set to open in “Edit” mode, the document might revert to its default settings. Share the link as “View Only” to prevent this.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, post back and we’ll dig deeper