Shared OneDrive Folder Not Showing Up on My Computer

When I share a OneDrive folder with "Direct Access: can edit" permission, it only generates a URL link on my local drive instead of creating a folder, and it's not syncing.

I’ve got you covered!

First, let’s clear up some confusion. When someone shares a OneDrive folder with you, it doesn’t automatically sync to your local drive. The URL link you’re seeing is just a web-based access point to the shared folder.

To get that shared folder synced to your local drive, you’ll need to add it to your own OneDrive. Here’s how:

1. Make sure you have the OneDrive desktop app installed and running on your computer. If you don’t have it, download and install it from the OneDrive website.

2. Open the shared folder URL you received in your browser.

3. Click the “Add to my OneDrive” button at the top of the folder. This will create a copy of the shared folder under your own OneDrive account.

4. Wait for the folder to sync. Once it’s synced, you should see the folder in your local OneDrive directory.

Tips:

• Check your OneDrive settings to ensure you have enough storage space to accommodate the shared folder.
  • Verify the permission level. “Direct Access: can edit” should allow you to view and modify the shared folder.
  • If you still don’t see the folder after following these steps, try restarting the OneDrive app or checking for any conflicts with other synced folders.

Give this a try and see if it resolves the issue. If you’re still stuck, feel free to ask