Shared Folders on OneDrive

I no longer see the contents of shared folders on OneDrive

and I'm seeing old folders that no longer exist - does anyone have an idea?

Hey there,

It sounds like you’re experiencing some issues with shared folders on OneDrive. I’ve got a few things you can try to resolve this problem.

First, let’s check if it’s a caching issue:

1. Sign out and sign back in: Sometimes, signing out and back into OneDrive can refresh your folder list and resolve any syncing issues.
  2. Clear your OneDrive cache: You can do this by going to C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\cache (for Windows) or ~/Library/Application Support/OneDrive/cache (for Mac). Delete everything in this folder.
  3. Check your OneDrive settings: Go to your OneDrive settings and ensure that the Shared folders option is enabled.

If that doesn’t work, let’s explore other possible causes:

• Check with the folder owner: Reach out to the person who shared the folder and ask if they’ve made any recent changes to the permissions or if they’ve removed the folder.
  • Verify permissions: Ensure you still have access to the folder by checking the permission settings.
  • Check the folder path: Double-check that the folder path hasn’t changed or if there are any typos in the link.

As for the old folders that no longer exist, here’s what you can do:

1. Remove the old folder links: Right-click on the outdated folder and select “Remove” to remove the outdated folder link.
  2. Refresh your OneDrive view: Click on the refresh button or press F5 to update your folder list.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you might want to try contacting Microsoft support for further assistance or check if there are any known service issues.

Hope this helps