Search Results Redirect to Wrong Agents Website

When I search for my company’s name along with the city, the correct business listing appears. However, when I click on the website link, it redirects me to a different agent’s website instead of our own.

Hey there, I’m here to help

It sounds like there’s a clear discrepancy between the search results and the actual website link. This can be super frustrating.

To help resolve the issue, here’s what we should check:

1. Verify your business listing:
    Make sure your business is properly listed in Bing Places for Business (formerly Bing Business Portal). Ensure all the details, including the website URL, are accurate and up-to-date. You can do this by logging into your Bing Places account or claiming your business if it’s not already verified.

2. Check website URL:
    Double-check the website URL listed in Bing Places to ensure it matches the actual URL of your company’s website. If there’s a mismatch, update it to reflect the correct URL.

3. Identify the source of the redirect:
    Try to determine where the redirect is happening. Is it on the search result’s side or when you click on the website link? If it’s happening when you click the link, it might be an issue with your own website or server configuration.

4. Server-side and DNS checks:
    If the redirect is happening on your server-side, you might need to investigate any server-side redirects or DNS configurations that could be causing the issue. Check your .htaccess files or server configuration files for any redirects that might be causing this. Ensure your DNS is correctly set up and points to the right server.

5. Third-party involvement:
    If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it’s possible that there’s a third-party involvement (e.g., a competitor) that’s playing with redirects. Run a reverse DNS lookup to identify the owner of the redirecting domain.

If none of these steps help, it might be worth reaching out to Bing support directly, as there might be a specific technical issue on their end.