Script exposes all passwords across all tabs

I noticed a suspicious connection to 127.0.0.1:55631. The code associated with it appears to be sending my login credentials and possibly even logging my keystrokes. I've tried reinstalling Edge and disabling all extensions, but the issue persists. Could this be a Microsoft-related problem?

Sounds like you’ve got a pretty serious issue on your hands Seeing a connection to 127.0.0.1:55631 is definitely a red flag, especially if it’s sending your login credentials. I’m here to help you troubleshoot this and figure out what’s going on.

First things first, it’s great that you’ve tried reinstalling Edge and disabling extensions. That rules out a lot of potential culprits. Now, let’s dig deeper:

1. Check for malware: It’s possible your system has been infected with malware that’s hijacking your browser sessions. Run a full scan with your antivirus software to see if it picks up anything suspicious. If you don’t have an antivirus installed, grab a reputable one like Malwarebytes and give it a shot.

2. Inspect the Windows Hosts file: The Hosts file can be used to redirect traffic to local addresses like 127.0.0.1. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and type notepad %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. Check if there are any suspicious entries in the file. If you find anything fishy, remove it and save the file.

3. Disable any recently installed Windows features: Sometimes, new features or updates can introduce security vulnerabilities. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Update history, and check if there are any recent updates that might be causing the issue. You can try uninstalling them to see if that resolves the problem.

4. Check for system-level browser hijacking: Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and type netsh winhttp show proxy. This will show you any proxy settings that might be in place. If you see anything unusual, you can try resetting the proxy settings using netsh winhttp reset proxy.

5. Reset Microsoft Edge: Let’s try resetting Edge to its default state. Go to Settings > Apps > Microsoft Edge > Advanced options, and click the Reset button. This will reset all Edge settings, so you’ll need to set up your browser again afterward.

6. Consider a System Restore: If none of the above steps help, you might want to try a System Restore to a point before this issue started. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Open System Restore, and follow the prompts.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it’s possible that there’s a deeper problem at play. You might want to consider reaching out to Microsoft Support for further assistance or seeking help from a cybersecurity expert.

Keep me posted on how these steps go, and we can continue to troubleshoot from there