Screen Flickers on Edge Browser

I've had a trouble-free experience with Edge for years, but suddenly it's developed a frustrating issue. Every time I launch the browser, it starts flickering non-stop. What's causing this problem and is there a way to resolve it?

Hey there, sorry to hear you’re experiencing screen flickering on Microsoft Edge. This can be super annoying, especially if you’ve been using the browser without issues for years. Let’s troubleshoot this problem together to figure out what’s causing it and hopefully find a solution.

Possible Causes:

Before we dive into potential solutions, there are a few possible reasons why your Edge browser might be flickering:

1. Graphics Driver Issues: Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers can cause display issues, including screen flickering.
  2. Conflicting Extensions: Some extensions might be interfering with the browser’s rendering, leading to flickering.
  3. Corrupted Browser Cache: A corrupted or overloaded browser cache can cause rendering issues.
  4. System Resource Overload: If your system is low on resources or has too many processes running, it might affect the browser’s performance.
  5. Windows 10 Updates: Sometimes, Windows 10 updates can introduce display issues.

Troubleshooting Steps:

Here are the steps to help resolve the issue:

Step 1: Update Graphics Drivers

• Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
  • Expand the Display Adapters section.
  • Right-click on the graphics driver and select Update Driver.
  • Follow the prompts to search for and install any available updates.

Step 2: Disable Extensions

• Open Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots in the top-right corner.
  • Select Extensions from the menu.
  • Toggle off all extensions one by one, restarting the browser after each disable.
  • If the flickering stops after disabling a specific extension, reinstall or remove that extension.

Step 3: Clear Browser Cache

• Open Microsoft Edge and press Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
  • Select the boxes for Browsing History, Cookies and Site Data, and Cached Images and Files.
  • Click Clear Now to remove the cache.

Step 4: Close Resource-Intensive Applications

• Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
  • Identify and close any resource-intensive applications or background processes.

Step 5: Check for Windows Updates

• Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
  • Click Update & Security and check for any available updates.
  • Install any pending updates.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, try reinstalling Microsoft Edge or seeking further assistance from Microsoft support. Good luck, and let me know if you have any other questions.