Scanned PDFs Not Saving Correctly to Desktop

I've noticed that when I scan a PDF created in Microsoft, it scans flawlessly. However, after saving it to my desktop, the formatting gets distorted. The headers and footers get rearranged, and random characters are added.

I'm using a Brother scanner.

Hey, Sounds like you’re having some trouble with saving scanned PDFs from Microsoft to your desktop. I’m here to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Firstly, the issue seems to be related to formatting, so let’s tackle that. Have you tried changing the PDF settings for your scanner? Here are some steps to do that:

1. Open the Brother ControlCenter software (this might be different depending on your scanner model, so you can refer to your documentation if needed).
  2. Navigate to the Scan Settings section.
  3. Look for PDF Settings and ensure that the “Document to File” option is selected.
  4. In the “Output Resolution” section, you can experiment with different settings like 300 dpi or 600 dpi. This might help with image quality and reduce distortion.

Additionally, it’s a good idea to ensure your Microsoft settings are set correctly for saving PDFs:

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
  2. Click on the three dots in the top right corner and go to Settings.
  3. Scroll down to the “Printers” section and select the Brother scanner.
  4. Ensure that the “Save as PDF” option is selected.

Lastly, if the issue persists, you might want to consider reinstalling the Brother printer driver and checking for any software updates for your scanner.

If none of these steps work, please provide more details about your scanner model and which version of Microsoft Edge you’re using.