Resolving OneDrive Error 0x004de67: Solutions and Fixes

Having trouble accessing my OneDrive account, keeps displaying Error Code 0x004de67 and prompting me to try again later, but the issue persists.

Hey there,

Bummer to hear you’re stuck with that OneDrive error 0x004de67. Don’t worry, I’ve got some solutions to help you out:

First, let’s start with the basics:

1. Restart and retry: Sometimes, a simple restart can do the trick. Shut down your computer, wait a minute, and try accessing your OneDrive account again. Yes, it sounds silly, but it’s worth a shot!

If that doesn’t work, try the following:

Check your internet connection: Ensure your internet connection is stable and working properly. OneDrive relies on a solid connection to sync your files. You can try restarting your router or modem if you suspect any issues.

Disable any firewall or antivirus software: Temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus software that might be blocking OneDrive’s access. Add OneDrive to the exception list if possible. This will help rule out any interference from these programs.

Now, if the above steps don’t solve the issue, let’s dive deeper:

System File Checker (SFC) and DISM Scans

1. Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan:

• Press the Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    • Let the scan complete and fix any corrupted system files.
  2. Run a DISM scan:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin) again.
    • Type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and press Enter.
    • This scan will repair any corrupted system components.

OneDrive App Reset and Reinstallation

1. Reset the OneDrive app:

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\settings\Business1.6.10301.0227\ Folder and press Enter.
    • Delete the contents of the folder.
  2. Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive:

• Go to the Control Panel, then Programs and Features.
    • Find Microsoft OneDrive in the list and uninstall it.
    • Download and reinstall OneDrive from the official Microsoft website.

Additional Troubleshooting Steps

1. Check for Windows updates: Ensure your Windows operating system is up-to-date, as updates often resolve issues like this.

2. Clear OneDrive cache and cookies:

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\Settings and press Enter.
    • Delete the contents of the folder.
  3. Try accessing OneDrive from a different device or browser: If you can access OneDrive successfully from another device or browser, the issue might be specific to your current setup.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, feel free to provide more details about your setup, and I’ll be happy to help you further.