Remove Old Work Email Address from Account: A Step-by-Step Guide

I'm no longer affiliated with a university and I want to remove my email account. Can someone guide me through the process?

Removing an old work email address from your account can be a bit frustrating, but the process is actually quite straightforward. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Open the Settings App: Click on the Windows Start button and then click on Settings.
  2. Navigate to Accounts: In the Settings window, click on Accounts.
  3. Access Work or School: In the Accounts window, click on Access work or school.
  4. Select the Old Work Email: Under Access work or school, you should see the old work email address listed. Select that account.
  5. Disconnect the Account: Click on Disconnect to remove the account.

After you’ve disconnected the account, you might need to clear some additional data from your credentials:

1. Manage Credentials: Click Start > type and click on Manage Credentials.
  2. Select Windows Credentials: In the Manage Credentials window, select Windows credentials.
  3. Remove the Old Work Email: Find the old work email address in the list and click Remove.
  4. Repeat for Web Credentials: Repeat the same steps for Web credentials.

Make sure you have signed out of any MS Office apps and other applications that were using the old work account. Finally, Restart your PC to ensure the changes take effect.

If you are still experiencing issues, ensure that you’ve signed out of the MS Office and other applications that were using the old work account. This should help you completely remove the old work email address from your Windows 11 account.