Refund for Xbox Live Subscription: How to Get One

A gaming subscription was terminated by Microsoft due to unauthorized activity on a Fortnite account. How can I request a refund for the cancelled subscription?

Hey there, hope you’re doing okay despite the whole Xbox Live subscription drama.

First off, it’s good that Microsoft caught that unauthorized activity on your Fortnite account. Safety first, y’know?

To get a refund for your cancelled subscription, follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account: Go to the Microsoft website (www.microsoft.com) and log in with the same credentials you use for your Xbox. Make sure you’re using the correct account associated with your Xbox Live subscription.

2. Go to the ‘Services & subscriptions’ page: Once you’re signed in, click on your profile picture in the top right corner, then select ‘My Microsoft account’ from the dropdown. On the next page, click on ‘Services & subscriptions’ from the left-hand menu.

3. Find your Xbox Live subscription: Locate your Xbox Live subscription from the list of active and inactive subscriptions. Since it was cancelled, it should be listed as inactive.

4. Request a refund: Click on the ‘Request a refund’ button next to your Xbox Live subscription. You might be prompted to fill out a short form explaining why you’re requesting the refund. Be honest and mention that your subscription was cancelled due to unauthorized activity.

5. Wait for the refund: Microsoft will review your request, and if everything checks out, you should receive a refund for the unused portion of your subscription. This might take a few days, so be patient.

If you’re having trouble finding the ‘Request a refund’ button or need help with the process, you can always contact Xbox Support directly. They’re usually super helpful and can guide you through the process.

Good luck, and I hope you get your refund without any hassle